Chris Mason wrote:

>Kirk,
>
>I now have a cd that works. It boots on one pc but not the one I want to use
>it on. The problematic pc just goes to a blank screen as soon as the boot
>sequence starts. I have formatted the hard drive on this pc and it was
>having registry problems before...windows xp. So my problem is specific to
>this pc. Any suggestions?

There are a couple of options:
1) I think F4 is "Select Video Mode" or similar.  Hit that, choose
640x480 or 800x600, and boot.  If that doesn't work, try:
2) Hit F3 or F6 for "advanced options" (or similar), which will let you
edit the kernel boot parameters.  On this line will be an option called
"splash" - change this to "nosplash", or add "nosplash" if "splash"
isn't there (don't use quotes anywhere, of course).  This is also where
you would add the options Kirk was talking about - noacpi, noapic,
nolaipc, ...

Hope this helps
- Steve