Kirk Wallace wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 13:18 -0400, Stephen Wille Padnos wrote:
>
>>Actually, there's a better way :)  (getting rid of the solder is one of
>>the pains of replacing those connectors.)
>>
>>There are hundreds of kinds of pins for bed-o-nails fixtures, including
>
> ... snip
>
>>went to the socketed probe pins.
>>
>>- Steve
>>
>>Kyle wrote:
>
> ...snip
>
> This reminded me that I have seen pads on boards just for test pins.
> Then I got to thinking it, would be nice to have a set of pads for d-sub
> connectors. I like to screw mount either the connector or the
> connection.

The next version of the USC / UPC boards will have ribbon cable
connections for most of the terminals, probably an either/or
option.  I am going to make some axis interface boards that get
rid of most of the hand wiring in the control boxes.  So, the
encoders and home and limit switches would be wired from one
board to the other by ribbon cables.  The interface board would
have place for optional differential line receivers for the
encoders.  Without the diff receivers, these interface boards
would be pretty cheap, they would just have connectors on them,
no circuitry.

Jon