Hi Jon,

Riston sounds like better stuff and easier to use. I think one gets
sharper etching if the etchant is pumped over the foil.

I guess I'm pretty casual about solvents having worked with benzene
above the permissible limit for several weeks each year. Anytime you
can smell benzene you are above the 8 hour limit. We used benzene for
an extractant in the analysis of alpha and beta acids in hops (the
bittering component). After years of using benzene the procedure
changed to toluene which is about 10 times less toxic. If these and
other chemicals were as dangerous as some people think I  would have
been dead long ago. I think I'm still here. ;-)

Dave