On Tuesday 25 December 2007, ben lipkowitz wrote:
>On Mon, 24 Dec 2007, Geert De Pecker wrote:
>> To do threading on the lathe is the end goal. I'm still in the
>> development phase for the encoder bit. Want to make it myself
>> (see part of drawing at http://users.skynet.be/gedp/FILES/index.html).
>
>Geert,
>   There are some .ps files floating around that can be used to print your
>own optical encoders, and since postscript is a programming language they
>are relatively easily modified to do weird stuff such as in
>http://fennetic.net/pub/irc/encoder-panelized.ps
>
>however i find postscript can be hard to understand sometimes, so i
>rewrote it in python:
>http://fennetic.net/pub/irc/draw_encoder.py

Humm, I must not have enough python installed, it runs quickly with no errors
to stdout, and makes a 491 byte file that acroread can't open, no pages
found.

I used to think I knew something about ps. I'll try that too. But that isn't
the type I had in mind, this is digitizing.  Looks great for that though. :)

>hope this proves useful to someone
>   -fenn

Thanks Ben.

--
Cheers, Gene
Certainly the game is rigged.

Don't let that stop you; if you don't bet, you can't win.
                -- Robert Heinlein, "Time Enough For Love"