Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Thursday 07 February 2008, Jon Elson wrote:
>
>>Gene Heskett wrote:
>>
>>>I have about 6 feet of chip books (yeah, I know, today it would take 300
>>>feet of shelves for half of them), Jon, but they don't include Analog
>>>Devices, and they are getting long in the tooth, sorta like me. :)  I
>>>guess I'll have to go begging again.
>>
>>I don't use data books anymore.  All the data sheets are on
>>line, and you are guaranteed to get the latest version, etc.
>>30 seconds with Google will get you to analog devices, and you
>>can look up on their site keywords of resolver and digital, and
>>you'll get a check list of the applicable models and the most
>>important differences between models.
>>
>>Jon
>>

> I know that Jon, but old habits die only with difficulty it seems.  Darnit.

Well, I've been designing some new stuff at work using these
chips that are no bigger than a grain of rock salt (3 x 3 mm).
So, I've started using some stuff that is so new they are not in
ANY databook, only on-line.

TI has gone insane, at last count there were 136 pages of TI
logic chips, at at least 100 part #'s per page, that is 13000+
different parts!  (Yes, some part numbers specify tape and reel
rather than cut tape, so it may be a little less.  But, totally
insane to make so many oh-so-slightly different parts.  I don't
understand.

Jon