On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 03:05:48PM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>     So, what is
>     the
>     difference between a G1 command and a G0 command and how can I get
>     the
>     G1 speed to increase reliably up to almost the G0 speed?

There is no difference except the velocity.  Steppers sometimes work
badly at an intermediate speed due to resonance.  For G0 I think you
are accelerating quickly through this bad spot so you don't notice it.
Some stepper drivers have mid-band resonance compensation which might
help.  Also I think someone on the list has reported that adding mass
to the screws on his bridgeport helped.  Maybe you can add or remove
some mass to try to move the resonant speed?