On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 20:42 -0700, Kirk Wallace wrote:
> I am losing patience with the Bandit on my Shizuoka mill, so I am
...snip
> touch off after powering up?
>
> It's time to hit the books, but any advise is appreciated.

Here is what I have reverse engineered so far:

http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/Shizuoka/00001-1a.jpg
http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/Shizuoka/Shizuoka_Step_Drv-1a.png

It seems the common transistors are on the high side and the other coil
wires sink to ground. Each common or coil transistor in the picture is a
pair of the same physical size, which seem to be wired as a Darlington.
I haven't sorted out the coil control circuits yet.

I am still trying to figure out if I need the inhibit signals which seem
to turn off whatever is on a little bit early. If may traces are correct
then there would also be of pulses in the middle of the high periods.
I'll be working on this more.

--
Kirk Wallace (California, USA
Hardinge HNC lathe,