On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 01:14:37PM -0700, Kirk Wallace wrote:

> http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/Shizuoka/00001-1a.jpg

While it's out I'd meter those 220? ohm carbon composition resistors
surrounded by discolored circuit board.  Heat is their enemy and
causes their values to drift (usually increase).  Might save you a
worse repair job later.  I've seen these doubled in value in old
radios, especially the bigger wattage ones used in HV power supply pi
filters.  It's fun to try to guess the value when the stripes are mud
brown - crispy mud brown - mud brown - shiny mud brown

Chris