> I think G64 without a tolerance can only blend moves that are exactly
> tangent - that would mostly apply to paths made up of lines joined by arcs.

I thought G61 ('exact path' mode) did this already?
G61.1 is 'exact stop' mode which will stop at the beginning and end of
each move.

The Pxxx for G64 was added quite recently. Before that, with low
accelerations it was quite possible to get EMC2 to misbehave and cut
corners a lot by specifying only G64 and no tolerance. Jon's test shows
that now G64 without a tolerance can produce a path which is
unnecessarily close to the programmed path and thus slow.

IMO G64 without a tolerance could/should be made illegal, and only a
G64Pxxx allowed by the interpreter.

Anders