Hi all,

I get the following error when trying to manually do a loadrt of motmod:

Insmod: error inserting
/usr/realtime-2.6.24.16-rtai/modules/emc2/motmod.ko:-1 unknown symbol in
module.

This is the error when using ubuntu 8.04, but I get essentially the same
error under 6.06. It can be easily reproduced by doing the following:

Run EMC with the tkemc sim configuration, then save it to a file, for
example:
halcmd save > tkemc.hal

Shut down EMC.
Start the realtime, i.e.:
realtime start

Reload the configuration, such as:
halcmd source tkemc.hal

Which will result in the above error, although everything else seems to be
processed correctly.

Manually typing in:
halcmd loadrt motmod base_period_nsec=1000000 servo_period_nsec=1000000
traj_period_nsec=10000000 key=111 num_joints=3

Results in the same error.

I tried to find the source code for motmod.ko, but I was unable to locate
something like motmod.c. There were a couple of similar files, but don't
appear to be the source for motmod.ko. I haven't really tried grepping for
it yet.

Anyway, does anyone have some insight on the cause of this error?

Thanks,
Eric