Ed wrote:
> Ray Henry wrote:
>> Hi Ed
>>
>> I've twisted Roland's arm just enough to get extra tables.  I'm hoping
>> we'll have enough for all of the EMC crowd.  Got any ideas about layout
>> in the space?
>>
>> Rayh
>

> The tables last year were in a "U" configuration, maybe this year it
> will have to be a double"U" with some tables back to back. It sounds
> like there will be more people interested in EMC and bringing projects.
> Which brings up the question of power availability. I would like to
> bring a project that would need 240V 3Phase at about 10Amps. Does anyone
> know if that is available? Hard wiring or common plugs are not a
> problem.   Ed.

The Mazak is three-phase, and plugs into a twist-lock receptacle, but I
don't recall if it is 240V or 480V.  Depending on how continuously you
will need power we could unplug the Mazak and plug in your machine.  I
seem to recall that the plug is fed from a disconnect, which is handy
for safety.

I _think_ there might have been two plugs next to each other, but I'm
not sure.

I'm certain that there is 480V available - can you scrounge a suitable
480 to 240 transformer?  I think you need about 5KVA.

As far as single phase 120V for computers and such - there are some
limits.  Last year when Aram plugged in his coffeemaker it took out the
breaker powering our computers.  Two years ago Ray hooked up some single
phase 480 to 120V transformers for additional 120V.

Actually I'm writing this I'm talking to Ray on IRC, and we're planning
for more 120V power.  There is plenty of 480, and I'm probably gonna
pick up a couple surplus 480-120V transformers.  Ray will hook them up.
(This is single phase stuff - three phase is limited to what is
available along the back wall - I think there is both 240 and 480).

Regards,

John Kasunich