Hi Ray

thanks - now I understand ;-)

Seems it is finally installing! I had to manually edit /etc/apt/sources.list
as it included references to the dapper version, but now it is progressing
(I do not have a screen on this computer - so I can't test the live CD, but
latency can't go worse than in the other machine!)

My first impressions with EMC are outstanding! It is really a huge
improvement over the other cnc control package I was using.

Thanks for the help,

jaime

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 1:33 AM, Ray Henry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Jaime
>
> I've been pushing for the release for a couple weeks and they finally
> got it ready.  I've downloaded it but not tested the final version.  I'm
> sure that it should be good.
>
> Try it first in live boot mode and see how it works.  If it seems to be
> okay then install it.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Ray
>

> On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 00:38 +0200, Jaime Alemany wrote:
> > Hi Ray,
> >
> > and thanks! This all happened today or you managed to make it run with
> > the older version? No need to answer just sheer curiosity... felt
> > crazy with all the references to Dapper in the linuxcnc.org page until
> > I read the message announcing the release.
> >
> > Will try tomorrow morning, hopefully I'll solve my latency issues
> > changing the machine.
> >
> > Thanks again,
> >
> > jaime
> >
> > On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Ray Henry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >         Hi Jaime
> >
> >         EMC2 version 2.2.5 is running here on a couple machines with
> >         Hardy.  The
> >         python version on both is 2.5.2.  I did install from the
> >         EMC2-CD
> >

> http://www.linuxcnc.org/hardy/ubuntu-8.04-desktop-emc2-aj07-i386.iso
> >
> >         for the last one but used the install script from linuxcnc.org
> >         for the
> >         first.
> >
> >         http://www.linuxcnc.org/hardy/emc2-install.sh
> >
> >         I had to execute the commands in that script line by line
> >         because it
> >         didn't want to just run all by itself.  It did get past the
> >         fix of the
> >         apt sources but then died someplace.
> >
> >         Rayh

Jaime Alemany