Wow - I guess I should be proud of myself that I had a physical estop button
and a machine kill switch designed in while things were still on the bench!

Ok, enough bragging - get your physical estop button - that button, even one
of the high dollar ones, is worth its weight in gold compared to the damage
it can do to the machine (or you) if things go awry.  I wonder - did your
program actually specify a new tool (ie m6  t02) or just an m6 with you
knowing what tool it needed next.  My mill stops on the M6 T2 that was
generated by CamBam and waits (typically I'd been handcoding and doing
separate programs for each tool since I don't have an automated touch off
concept in place yet).  I'm not sure what the manual says about the M6
command but maybe somewhere in the code the toolchanger portion realizes the
tool is the same as that currently specifiec and lets the program run on,
though still pops up the window for the toolchange.

I'm still spoiled by the keyboard - I hit escape (and usually tap it
multiple times as I'm used to being deep in autocad levels of commands that
I wanted to end) and if necessary F1 more often than I use the mouse, when I
complete my operator's station I'm going to need to add another E-Stop
switch in the loop as I won't be within rapid reach of the one on the
controller anymore.  My thought is you should have a mechanical estop in the
loop anywhere you might possibly be while the program is running
(ie:console, enclosure, spindle) so that you can always stop it.  You just
have to train yourself to use them.

Hope you learned your lesson and we figure why that happened and get
anything that needs to be corrected taken care of.  Maybe all the OK's
should be on a common "message center" with an Ok and the background of that
changes color when a new message is displayed and then goes to a standard
background when everything is cleared.  Just a thought, but I also think an
M6 should stop regardless of what tool is in and what tool is scheduled.
The interface has no way of knowing definitively that something wasn't
changed.

There's my .02x10^-23 - YMMV.

Greg
www.distinctperspectives.com