Hi Sergey

I've set up both here for testing and have gotten a Sherline to rapid at
125 IPM.  The little leadscrews become a problem with whipping and
rather fast wearout.  For my money I'd set up steppers.  That will get
you into the world of CNC.  You shouldn't loose steps as long as you
keep the speeds below 80% of the speed at which you first see lost
steps.

I'm with you about wanting servos so if you've got the space look for an
older cnc machine with a dead control or retrofit one of the available
benchtop machines.

Rayh