On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 07:53:38PM -0600, Stuart Stevenson wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>    I worked with Aram on this. When G54 is active the G10 assignment
> will not write to the G54 offset. Maybe there should be a notice come
> up on the screen telling someone the offset values are not written
> when the attempted write is to an active offset.
> thanks
> Stuart

Thanks Stuart.  Can you give more details about what you are seeing
that is not what you expect?  Here is the procedure I used to test
it, and it does what I expect:

start emc (G54 is active)
home machine
note DRO reads 0,0,0
mdi G10 L2 P1 X1 to move origin to X=1 in unoffset machine coordinates
note DRO reads -1,0,0

mdi G0 X0
machine moves 1" to the right
note DRO now reads 0,0,0