On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:15:59PM -0600, Stuart Stevenson wrote:
> on my machine - when following the steps I outlined in my previous
> post as follows
>
> added comments are in parens
>
> mdi
>         (in AXIS)
>      G10 L2 P1 X2 Y2 Z2
>      G54
>         (the display changes to show X-2 Y-2 Z-2)
>      G90 G00 X0 Y0 Z0 - moves to machine postion X2 Y2 Z2
>      G10 L2 P1 X0 Y0 Z0 - look in var file - no change to G54
> parameters         (and no change to the displayed position)

Here is where we my results differ.  When I do this second G10, the
G54 origin is put back at the unoffset machine origin as expected (in
AXIS you can even see the axes move and the cyan unoffset-origin point
disappears).  The displayed position is now 2,2,2 as expected.

I am testing on trunk and running sim/axis.ini.