Eric H. Johnson wrote:
> Chris,
>
> You are correct. I was using TkEMC (not my usual UI) for testing and
> misinterpreted what the button state was indicating. I see now that it was
> indicating machine off, not e-stop.

You can still trigger halscope on machine-off (axis.N.amp-enable-out
goes false).

You have given us lots of information about what you do, and how it
makes the problem happen sooner or later, but we still don't know WHAT
the problem is.  The machine is turning off.... but why?  Look in dmesg
for messages from the motion controller, look with halscope for
following errors, etc.  Don't just keep changing stuff - do whatever
makes the error happen most frequently.

Regards,

John Kasunich