Hi Andrew,

The problem is that the messages are deleted once they have been read.
In most cases the GUI will get the messages because it is polling them
quite frequently. By the time emcrsh gets there they have been swallowed
by the gui.

Unfortunately to change this would require a major redesign of emc's
messaging system.

Les