>John, thanks for your attention to helping me (or us) >understand the new "net"
>command. I only recently started using it, and it works >just as outlined here:
>http://www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html//hal_basic_hal.html#r1_1_4

I have to second Tom's comment. As a newbie to EMC you look at other files and
they use "linksp" all thou the file but the manual never gives a explanation of
"linksp". If you search thru the manual it uses "linksp" several times in
examples. So it kind of like stepping into a mud puddle the more you move
around the muddier the puddle gets.  The link above is for the new commands the
fact there are new commands and still working old commands that are not explain
added to the mud. If you look in section 5.4.3 of the hal manual it list
command that can be use in hal but does not list "net".

I think adding a section to the link above that shows old but still useable
commands would be helpful. Then add the whole thing to the hal manual would
great.

Donnie