I'm not sure if they are deprecated or not... I don't think they are perhaps
just obsolete. I was
just as lost with linksp and other commands when I first started. In the trunk
(2.3) there is
only 4 linksp's left to fix. Now that you reminded me :). and yes I need to add
the description
for them in the basic hal section somewhere because you will find them in most
older
configurations and some if not most of the sample configurations.

Thanks for the feedback
John