Michael,

The path is relative to the home folder of the account from which EMC was
run. Typically this should be:

emc2/nc_files/<file name>
or
emc2/nc_files/examples/<file name>

Regards,
Eric

Thanks for the quick response. I configured emcrsh and it is working very
well. I can do everything but open a file. No matter what I do the file path
I give is appended to "../../nc_files" and it is unclear where the root of
this relative path resides.  There is a parameter to the load emcrsh command
called "-ini" which I tried playing with but to no avail. It appears to
point to a nonexistent "emc.ini" file.
I tried pointing -ini to the ini file I use to run the machine but that
didn't seem to work.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks again - Mike