Jon Elson wrote:
> Tom wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if John Thornton ever posted an ini/hal configuration to
>> use
>> with the CNC4PC jog pendant?

OK, I have posted the configs file sets on my web page.

http://pico-systems.com/codes/jebport/

contains the complete configs file set for my Bridgeport.  This uses my
PPMC servo interface hardware.
The most significant file is pendant.hal, which has all the code for the
pendant.  The jog encoder is read in on channel 3 of the PPMC encoder
counter board.

http://pico-systems.com/codes/minimill/

contains the complete configs for my minimill.  This uses my Universal
PWM Controller board, but all channels are in use here.
(The 4th encoder counter is used for the spindle, the 4th PWM output is
used to run the spindle motor.)  So, I had to use general digital I/O
for the jog encoder.

Both of these configs use the ilowpass filter to remove the
high-frequency steps from the jog encoder so the servos don't go crazy
when you move the dial.

Oh, one comment on the CNC4PC pendant.  There is an unlabeled white
button on it.  It is wired normally closed, and in series with the axis
selector switch.  This made no sense to me, if you press the button it
can't read the switch position.  So, I moved a wire to the normally OPEN
contact, so you had to push the button to enable the axis selector.  If
you don't press the button, it doeasn't jog, so you can't accidentally
bump the dial and crash the machine.  I have wired my two machines the
same way.

Jon