On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 08:56 -0700, Rafael Skodlar wrote:
... snip
> PC is going to bootup from CD regardless of what's on the hard drive so
> all that playing with partitions won't make a difference if drive is not
> recognized.

>From my experience, I have had trouble with booting new Linux
installations if there is still a valid DOS or windows MBR on the hard
drive. I have often had to use a floppy utility to write 0's over the
MBR to keep the PC from trying to boot from the old MBR. There may be
better ways to do this but this is what I have done to fix "no boot
record" after a new install in the past.

Maybe scheduling an IRC session might be a good way to pursue this.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html