On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 14:21 -0400, Douglas Pollard wrote:
> Kirk Wallace wrote:
> > On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 11:45 -0700, Kirk Wallace wrote:
> >
> >> I would like to make gears, but I need to know the tooth shape in order
...snip
> My 1974,  19th Edition, Machinerys handbook, has British metric
> standards but they may be different. Their threads are. Seems everyone
> wanted to go metric, but they just wanted their own metric standards.

I cruised Amazon.com, they have the 28th Edition for $66. It would
probably the best CNC dollars I could spend. They appear to offer a
limited number of any pages in the book as a preview, so I get a good
start there. It's funny that eBay 28th Edition prices are much higher.

I think a gear designer would be a great cloud computing application.
--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html