Andy Pugh wrote:
> The 2.3 release notes say:
> "In 2.3, you must home all axes before issuing MDI commands or running part
> programs. This setting can be reverted to the 2.2 behavior by the inifile
> setting [TRAJ]NO_FORCE_HOMING = 1. For users of the mini GUI, this setting
> may be required."
>
> However, I have a slightly different issue, in that my mill has 3 axes I am
> perfectly happy to home, and a rotary axis which doesn't home as it has no
> sensors and can rotate indefinitely in any direction anyway. Furthermore, it
> is generally not even fitted.
>  Is it possible to turn off mandatory homing on a joint-by-joint basis?

I don't think so.

But it is possible to configure the homing for each axis individually.
Configure your X, Y, and Z axes can be configured to find a switch and
call that home, and configure the rotary axis to simply treat the
current position as home (set the search and latch velocities both to zero).

Regards,

John Kasunich