Maybe if you try to pay more attention and take some time to understand
what you read and realize noone asked for "YOUR PREFERENCE" (Quoted).
You could find (if you read) that i have explained about the way i
installed the system and than i did it the same way you did.
also i explained than it was working in the past but now not anymore,
so, there is no concern about anyone's preferences but a certain need of
support and that is why i asked for help trying to solve a rare issue.

I'm suscribed to this list for about a year and never found a
real(complete) answer for any issue.
I'am also a suscriber to several other lists, and always found someone
who solved, helped me to solve or at least pushed me on the right path,
but that's not the case here. (always bumping except for Ted Hyde who
made the config and etc... that made the brick to finally start showing
numbers)

The support on LinuxCNC is clearly the biggest weakness.

Since my first inquiry i found exactly that... or at least that was the
case with my mesa board. some people may remember the past year's
adventures trying to make my 7i43 to at least say "i'm alive"

I had to pay a "linuxer" to solve the strange phyton_opengl issue, wich
took him less than 5 minutes, so it shouldn't be something that bad. I
wonder how many time he needed to figure the solution on his mind.

And, off course, about the "EVERYTHING_can_WORK_on_this_BOARD" (7i43)
and the fact that had no answer about the way to connect the motors thru
a freq. variator.... i had to pay another person, and off course, there
IS a WAY, and it can work correctly.
so, again:

    The support on LinuxCNC is clearly the biggest weakness.

Now... i ask myself...

    Why didn't i paid for a working solution based on windows from the
    begining?
    It could made me save almost a year of work in a project that is
    lost. Yes... i lost the project because my customer got tired to
    wait for something that WAS SUPPOSSED TO BE WORKING OUT OF THE BOX.

Why did i believe

   1. There was real support on the Linux world.
   2. There was a simple and cheap "do it yourself" solution bassed on
      Linux   and
   3. All that seemed to be so easy, was really easy.

I know there is a lot of people with functional machines, nicely done
retrofittings, etc... but...
Was all that applied to the industry, was all that applied to a real
productive environment? o was as it seems applied to hobbyst
environments where everything can work partially?

Sincerelly people...

    The support on LinuxCNC is clearly the biggest weakness.

Thanks to everyone who tryed to help, thanks to everyone behind such a
great project, but i also think you need a lot more on support and
documentation. And there is a real need to avoid situations like the one
i had to live with a poorly supported(driver) board while it was
doccumented as being supported correctly and fully functional.
You need to understand that not everyone is a programmer, you need to
know that not everyone can operate Linux "partially" and that a "doit
yourself" has to be well accompanied with very well developed and very
clear documentation.

Greetings to everyone and best regards.