Hi all,

I just got a message from a guy in Germany who is looking at EMC for a
retrofit on a CNC rolling machine.
It can be used to roll tubes or cones, and has 6 adjustable axes, with
linear scales and hydraulic motors.
He has the analog servo drives for the proportional hydraulic valves.  I
think we can figure out how to drive them, but may need to use a HAL
component to add dither to the signal sent to the valves.

The major question is that he wants to teach the program to the machine,
not code it up in G-code in advance.
I know that "teaching" has been discussed ad infinitum, and ISTR that
there may be a script for recording positions during teaching.
Can anyone fill me in on the current state of affairs re: teaching?  I'm
not sure exactly what is needed here, whether this just requires
changing roller positions and then running the part back and forth,
change rollers, run through again, etc. or whether the rollers are
changed while the part is IN the rollers, and the rate and relationship
of different rollers is all required in the program.  I'm also not too
clear on whether the program, once recorded, will then just be run over
and over on many parts, but I think that is the idea.

Jon