2009/10/3 Ian W. Wright <watchma...@talktalk.net>:
> It will be no use having a system where,
> if the last job you did was milling a 12" length of 40
> thread, hitting the home button will cause the rotary to set
> off on an interminable unwind..

A rotary axis will only ever home to the home switch, and it is hard
to think of a way that could ever be more than 360 degrees away. I
think that if it was at 40 turns + 10 degrees it would unwind 10
degrees, see the switch, and zero-out the 40 full turns in the machine
coordinates.

How many rotary axes actually have home switches anyway?

I am embarassed to say that I have never noticed if EMC holds relative
position information during a power-down, or machine position for that
matter.

--
atp