Since I'm a bit at wit's end - if anybody wants to give it a stab:

Here is a hardware-free emc2 config which shows the oscillation. It
needs hal, so I guess it wont work on emc-sim, but it doesnt touch any
hardware (simulated encoder, and stepgen outputs etc not connected).

http://mah.priv.at/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/emc-syncmove-without-hardware.tar.gz?root=CVS&view=tar

  and start with the ini file

I added some tracking pins in tp.c & motion.c, diffs are included - to
see those tracking pins in autosave.halscope, you need to apply the
patch and recompile - autosave.halscope already looks at the
interesting pins,  gcode file is already loaded at startup.

shot from running this:

http://mah.priv.at/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/emc-syncmove/moreprobes.png?revision=1.1&root=CVS&sortby=date&view=markup

- the oscillation only goes out of hand if sync-accel is false initially

for some reason its on (good passes) and off (oscillating passes), I
didnt notice a structure of good/passes though

I would give it a stab, but I'm lacking fundamentals to do so

-Michael