On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 12:41 -0600, Jon Elson wrote:
> Rudy du Preez wrote:
> > Has anybody been working on the limited throughput situation?
> >
> Going to hardware step generation is definitely moving in the right
> direction.
> I did some tests a while back, on a 600 MHz Pentium III computer.  I
... snip
> Jon

I looked at Jan's example of what he might be converting:
http://www.starragheckert.com/sh/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=89&Itemid=197

(Short URL) http://alturl.com/87gd
http://www.manturbo.com/en/

I wondered if block rate would be a problem with a five-axis
multi-spindle machine doing complex shapes in a production setting. I
suspect the current controller is hardware and software optimized for
turbine blade milling, but that's a guess on my part. Stuart's machine
seems to work well, but it's no Speedy Gonzales.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Q5cDj1zL4
--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html