-----Original Message-----

From:  "Ian W. Wright" <watchma...@talktalk.net>
Subj:  [Emc-users] linux dual boot
Date:  Sat 2010 Mar 6 7:37
Size:  1K
To:  Emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi, does anyone know where Ubuntu or Windows Vista puts its
boot info? I have a laptop which came with Win Vista (yuk..)
installed and I then installed Ubuntu 9.10 accepting all its
defaults except the hard drive partition size where I asked
it to split the hard drive in two equal parts for Windoze
and Linux. I get an initial boot screen which looks like it
could be Grub - i.e. its all black with white text for
choices. The trouble is that, every time linux downloads an
upgrade, I get another 3 or 4 entries on the list of choices
and it now fills the whole screen. I tried doing 'text
within files' searches (with hidden files turned on) for
'Ubuntu', 'Linux' etc. but have drawn a blank. Can anyone
give me a clue where the list of options is kept nowadays so
that I can remove some of the old entries and move the
others around?  Thanks..

Ian
Ian W. Wright
Sheffield  UK