在 2010-03-10三的 23:53 -0600,Jon Elson写道:
> Torsten Koschorrek, the ARM maintainer for RTAI has informed me he has
> an RTAI patch ready for the Beagle Board.
> He is working on a 2.6.29 kernel, but hasn't uploaded the latest docs
> for it yet.  That should happen in a couple days, he
> says.  So, if anyone wants to try out this patch kit, there is a
> SourceForge project at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/rtai-cortex/
>
> I have an adaptor board that plugs onto the Beagle that does a software
> emulation of an EPP parallel port.
> For just bidirectional PP use, there are two extra bits that enable the
> external bidir driver/level translators and set the direction of the
> data port.
> I have to draw up some documentation on how to control all this from a C
> program.
>
> I have figured out how to set up the GPIO pins on the OMAP from C, and
> should document that, too.
>
> One interesting thing that I discovered about the OMAP is that the GPIO
> logic is apparently multiplexed, and the pins are updated every 250 ns
> (on the older 500 MHz Beagle, I suspect the newer ones may be faster.)
> This is not much of a concern for software step pulse generation, but is
> a limit for talking to an FPGA over the "parallel port".
>
> Jon

Hi Jon,
It's really a good news! I'll try it.
I create an open source OMAP3530 board project too, and the core board
is working now. I'll design a carrier board running this patch and EMC
and use it for my carving machine.

Here is my project web site, http://code.google.com/p/openomap/

Regards,
Yanjun Luo.