On Tue, 9 Mar 2010, Tom Easterday wrote:

> Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 07:57:12 -0500
> From: Tom Easterday <tom-...@bgp.nu>
> To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Subject: [Emc-users] AMT-102 line driver and Mesa 7I43/7I42
>
> I am rebuilding an older small mill and am using stepper motors and adding
> AMT102 encoders for feedback to EMC.  Without thinking I bought the line
> driver cables for the AMT102.  Can these be connected to the 7I42?  I don't
> fully understand what signal I will get on X', X, A', A, B', B and if the
> voltages and bandwidth are sufficient on the 7I42 card.  Is there a
> different daughter card I should use with my 7I43 instead? Thanks, Tom

The 7I42 only has single ended inputs so you can either use the 7I42 and only
connect the A,B,X signals (this would mean you would not gain the noise
immunity of the differential encoder outputs), or you could use a differential
interface card like the 7I47. Since you already have a 7I42, I guess you might
as well try it and only upgrade to a 7I47 if noise on the encoders is a
problem.

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)