I use these...

http://www.computronics.com.au/meanwell/dra/

The DRP-03.  They have 2 M4 holes, 34mm apart.

They are designed to be used to mount switch mode power supplies.

I've used them to mount boxes, and plates (I use them to mount hold my
geckos mounted on a thick Al plate).

My local electonics place also sell the green PCB holders.  They have 2
sizes - 108mm and 72mm.
(http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=H8510A)