Hello,
Unless I am very wrong this patent is a non-flyer.
The old G-E systems had a discriminator that measured the difference
in phase between the command pulse train and the feed-back pulse
train, and the output of the discriminator was the input to the drive
amplifier.
So how on earth you can insert a random pulse in the command pulse
stream evades me completely. You would just upset the discriminator
output and it would have little effect on the actual motion of the
machine.
And at worse you would lose sync all together like indeed in a stepper setup.

Jan