Thanks Steve.

I made 3 halmeters as you suggested. They all register FALSE, even
when the GUI is
showing the position in red when I hit the limit.

Just to make sure halmeter is working, I added another halmeter on
axis.0.motor-pos-fb and it showed the same position as the GUI does,
updating correctly as I move the machine by hand. So halmeter is
working, but doesn't show the digital ins for some reason.

Neil