On Tue, 04 May 2010 16:13 -0400, "Stephen Wille Padnos"
<spad...@sover.net> wrote:
> Neil Baylis wrote:
> > Thanks Steve.
> >
> > I made 3 halmeters as you suggested. They all register FALSE, even
> > when the GUI is
> > showing the position in red when I hit the limit.
> >
> That's mighty odd, and more or less impossible if the HAL setup is as we
> think it is.  Can you add another halmeter on axis.0.neg-lim-sw-in?  If
> axis.0.neg-lim-sw-in is ever different from axis.0.home-sw-in, then
> something later in the HAL files is disconnecting the home input from
> the Xminlim signal, or some equivalent.
> > Just to make sure halmeter is working, I added another halmeter on
> > axis.0.motor-pos-fb and it showed the same position as the GUI does,
> > updating correctly as I move the machine by hand. So halmeter is
> > working, but doesn't show the digital ins for some reason.
> >
> This counts as "strange" then.  I don't think there's a bug in halmeter
> that prevents it from displaying bit values.
>
> Can you post your ini and hal files?  Maybe put them on
> http://pastebin.ca and give us the links.

Better yet - in addition to posting your files, post the result
of running "halcmd show" in another shell while EMC2 is running.
Your hal and ini files describe what you are trying to get.
"Halcmd show" describes what you actually have.

Regards,

John Kasunich

--
  John Kasunich