2010/6/27 Steve Blackmore <st...@pilotltd.net>

> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 12:45:08 -0600, you wrote:
>

> >I talk to mold making shop and they said that they tried all those CAM and
> >chose to use PowerMill. Remaining CAM from the list occasional crash
> >and/or break tool.
>
> Occasional crashes on a new part are mostly down to bad programming
> choices or lack of understanding of the program.
>
> Crashes on a part made before are nothing to do with CAM.

Not entirely, I've been working with CAM-systems where the engagement
strategies were too bad and violently snapped mills when entering the
material. Or even worse, when there was material left in the corners of the
mould, next time the mill came to the corner - snap...
I'm also using Rhino nowadays, but with the MadCAM plugin. I'm very
satisfied.

These questions come up every now and then, for more answers search the
archive or check the wiki at http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?Cam
We might update the wiki with all the CAM's known to work with EMC2?