2010/6/27 Steve Blackmore <st...@pilotltd.net>

> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 11:37:51 +0200, you wrote:
>

> >Not entirely, I've been working with CAM-systems where the engagement
> >strategies were too bad and violently snapped mills when entering the
> >material.
>
> Also poor programming - choice of tool/feed/speed.

Well - also. I agree that it could be the reason.
In this case it happened in one of the biggest prototyping houses in this
country. They know what they are doing. Changing software stopped the
snapping. And no, we aren't talking cheap carbide mills.

> >I'm also using Rhino nowadays, but with the MadCAM plugin. I'm very
> >satisfied.
>
> I use Rhino myself for CAD (I hate industry standard AutoCAD;).
>
> MadCAM's good for mould work (which it was designed for) at expert level
> option. Drawback - it's reliant on Rhino. (Hidden cost and learning
> curve if you don't already posses it)
>
> Steve Blackmore
> --

So you mean that the industry standard AutoCAD is a tool that you learn
easier than Rhino? ;)
If a user don't have the basic machining knowledge NO CAM will be helpful.
Costs what so ever, I'm pretty sure I have a more cost effective solution
than many other can offer.

CAM/CAM is like religion. Everyone have an opinion and very few have tried
the other one to actually have a self experienced argument. And if they do
have, 99 % of the critisism I think we can go back to what you first
expressed: "Also poor programming - choice of tool/feed/speed".