Igor Chudov wrote:
> Andy, my feeling on the matter, is that your solution is great. I
> should somehow activate these comparators for a short time after a
> speed change command (like for 7 seconds) and then disable them
> afterwards. That way reversing with a VFD, is not a problem.

There is a spindle-at-speed function that could be used to decide when
the speed control logic has finished.
You'd set up a FF that is set when a speed change command is issued (not
sure how to detect this, but maybe watch commanded spindle speed for the
value to change) and then clear the FF when the at-speed indication goes
true.

Jon