Igor Chudov wrote:
> Jon, what is FF?
>
> Anyway, I will start with easy buttons, such as BRAKE AUTO/OFF.
>
> But I want to do everything right when it comes to other things, such
> as spindle speed control, etc.

Sorry, flip-flop.  a mechanism that sets to one logic value on a
particular trigger, and stays in that state until a different trigger
clears it.

In hal, that is the flipflop component, for more info use : man flipflop
on your EMC machine.
In this case, you would not use the D or clk input, only the set and
reset inputs and the out output.

I don't use the brake, except when changing tools.  I let the VFD do the
braking.  But, if your brake is
pneumatic, you might need the solenoid valve hooked up anyway for tool
changes.

Jon