On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 10:42 -0700, Mike Payson wrote:
> Not technically a PDA, but this would be easy to install in a pendant and
> should do everything you need:
>
> http://andahammer.com/mini3/?PHPSESSID=c47b0c96938c86847ccf80119dab7d42

>From my brief look at it, it looks ideal (34 GPIO pins, yea). I would be
mounting it, or the display at least, at the focal point of a lens of
the same size as the display area. This will project the image up to a
clear glass panel, tilted 45 degrees to the telescope view. The user
looks straight through the glass to see stars and also the reflection of
the screen.

(eye)  <                      \ (glass)
(view of screen and star)      \
                            <==>  (lens)
                            [--]  (screen)
        |       (telescope)        |                              (star)
                  /|\
                 / | \
                /  |  \
--