I've seen something similar in Mig welders also..  although they are
suppose to be constant voltage while TIG and stick is suppose to be
constant current.

I have a Hobart Cyber-TIG also.   It works but the current control pot
on the front needs to be replaced as it is flaky.

I have the single phase version and it is the most powerful single phase
welder I have ever used.    I've only used it for stick welding so far,
but I have a tig torch setup for it also.

They don't make them like that anymore!   I have no idea if the meters
on the unit even work as I really can't look at them while it is in use
also.

Dave