Viesturs Lācis wrote:

> Actually I had a case, where we were discussing servos vs steppers,
> and the main unanswered question about cost-efficient servo system was
> motors. Can anyone share some source for reasonably priced servo
> motors? I am interested in not-very-powerful motors - somewhere in
> 2-10 Nm range. I saw one in Pico Systems homepage, but 0,4 Nm seemed
> bit too small.

I don't have those available any more, anyway. Keling has some truly
awesome brushless
servo motors, and I have drives for them. The size 23 motor from Keling
is $52 without
encoder, and the CUI AMT103 encoder from Digi-Key is about $28. My servo
amp for
brushless motors is $150 per axis. The PWM controller for that amp is
$250 for 4 axes.

Jon