Google "HVDC in the pacific northwest" will get you a couple of links.
There are two links (npi) from near The Dalles dam on the Columbia to S
CA.

Also there is a site that lays out DC interties as firewalls between
major grids therefore minimizing intergrid interferences leading to
instability.

I expected to find something on the line that runs across WA and crosses
Hyw 18 near Covington (major substation) but have come up blank. The
geometry is that of a HVDC line ... three conductors in a triangle maybe
a foot or so on a side. Nice pictures in a pdf on HVDC in Alberta.

Dave