On Sat, 2011-01-29 at 16:25 +0330, Farzin Kamangar wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>    During the period between PC on and machine on, some of the parallel port
> pins are on which make some outputs on. How do I know which pins are on
> during that period and which pins are off. This is all before the time EMC
> starts. Thanks
> Farzin

This is a common problem and can be handled by using the charge pump
feature and a parallel port buffer or breakout board which has an enable
input. The charge pump signal is connected to the software "machine ON"
button in HAL, then routed to a pump detector, the detector to the
buffer enable. This way the signals don't get passed until EMC2 is up
and running and the operator signals that she/he is ready. There are
other ways to do this, but this is the basic idea.

See:
http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/emcinfo.pl?About_Charge_Pumps

--
Kirk Wallace