I have a number of projects where I have to thin down material for each part. I
generally create a single path and then just change the depth as needed.
However
what I'm wondering is if there's a way to have a single path drawn and then in
the code put something that would tell it to repeat the program at specific
intervals until a specified depth is reached. That way I could have one simple
program and then just change the target depth based on the piece I'm working
with. An example would be

M3
G0 Z0.1250
G0 X0.0000 Y0.0000 Z0.1250
G1 X0.0000 Y0.0000 Z-0.0200 F2
G1 X0.0000 Y1.5000 Z-0.0200 F12
G1 X5.0000 Y1.5000 Z-0.0200
G1 X5.0000 Y0.0000 Z-0.0200
G1 X0.2500 Y0.0000 Z-0.0200
G1 X0.2500 Y1.2500 Z-0.0200
G1 X4.7500 Y1.2500 Z-0.0200
G1 X4.7500 Y0.2500 Z-0.0200
G1 X0.5000 Y0.2500 Z-0.0200
G1 X0.5000 Y1.0000 Z-0.0200
G1 X4.5000 Y1.0000 Z-0.0200
G1 X4.5000 Y0.5000 Z-0.0200
G1 X0.7110 Y0.5000 Z-0.0200
G1 X0.7110 Y0.7500 Z-0.0200
G1 X4.5000 Y0.7500 Z-0.0200
G0 X4.5000 Y0.7500 Z0.1250
G0 X0 Y0
M5
M30

Is there a way to alter this program so that I can put a target depth and just
have it repeat at .020" intervals until it reaches the target depth?

 Chris

http://www.blowyourbrassoff.com
http://www.builderofstuff.com

Just a man, his shop, and a long list of unfinished projects...