On Monday, January 31, 2011 10:21:38 am Robert von Knobloch did opine:

> In case this is useful, I made the following routine.
> You can paste the output of a cam processor where shown, so that it
> becomes a subroutine, then add parameters for final cut depth,
> incremental cut depth etc.

> =================== G17 G21 G40 G49 G54 G80 G90 G94 (Customise to your
> needs)
>
> #<_XY_Feed> = 200
> #<_Z_Feed> = 25
>
> F#<_XY_Feed>   (Feed rate)
> S1             (Spindle speed)
> M3             (Start spindle)
>
> (**************************** SUBROUTINES **************************)
>
> O100 sub
>
>     (Put CAM file here)
>
> O100 endsub
>
> (**************************** MAIN PROGRAM **************************)
>
> #<_jog_clear>     = 1.00  (Clearance of cutter above work surface)
> #<_cut_depth>     = 0.00  (Start from surface)
> #<_retract>       = 0.1
> #<_step_depth>            = 0.25  (Depth of each successive cut)
> #<_plunge>        = 0.10  (Depth to plunge to before starting cut)
> #<_total_depth>           = -2.00 (Depth to make cuts to)
>

> O120 while [[#<_cut_depth> - #<_step_depth>] gt #<_total_depth>]
>     #<_pre_cut> = [#<_cut_depth> + #<_plunge>]
>     #<_cut_depth> = [#<_cut_depth> - #<_step_depth>]
>     O100 call
> O120 endwhile
>
> O130 if [#<_cut_depth> ne #<_total_depth>]
>     #<_pre_cut> = [#<_cut_depth> + #<_plunge>]
>     #<_cut_depth> = #<_total_depth>
>     O100 call
> O130 endif
>
> (****************************** FINISH *****************************)
>
> M05                       (Spindle OFF)
> M02
> ===================
>
> Cheers,
> Robert von Knobloch

Thank you Robert.  Using this as a template should save me some time the
next time I need to cobble up a part cutting routine.

But code snippets like this usually never get to my emc box.  Yes, its an
smbmount on this box, but despite my being the user gene on both boxes,
because *buntu's start user numbers at 1000 whereas the rest of the
universe starts at 500, I have no write permissions there.

So, how can I setup cifs to autotranslate this, or possibly add myself as a
group member on the *buntu box, so that these permission problems are
eliminated?

I think I will also ask about this on the kubuntu list.

--
Cheers, Gene
<http://tinyurl.com/ddg5bz>