----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Reynolds" <c_reynolds2...@yahoo.com>
To: <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2011 8:54 AM
Subject: [Emc-users] repeating code

>I have a number of projects where I have to thin down material for each
>part. I
> generally create a single path and then just change the depth as needed.
> However
> what I'm wondering is if there's a way to have a single path drawn and
> then in
> the code put something that would tell it to repeat the program at
> specific
> intervals until a specified depth is reached. That way I could have one
> simple
> program and then just change the target depth based on the piece I'm
> working
> with. An example would be...

You might look at the Subroutine section in the forum. With the GUI it makes
this sort of thing easy.

I use
http://www.linuxcnc.org/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,20/func,view/catid,40/id,6422/lang,en/

for the lathe but it can be easily modified for the mill. As a matter of
fact I plan to do that very soon.

Rick G