This is what Step wizard put in the Hal.

# Include your customized HAL commands here
# This file will not be overwritten when you run stepconf again

loadrt charge_pump
net estop-out charge-pump.enable iocontrol.0.user-enable-out
net charge-pump <= charge-pump.out
addf charge-pump base-thread
net charge-pump => parport.0.pin-17-out

I opened the scope and there is no frequency on pin 17.  I put this in the
custom has so I can alter it.  Any Ideas?

On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 07:26 -0800, Doug wrote:
> I have a new PMDX Gecko driver board.  It requires an osculating +5 to 0
> enable the outputs.   I am using the step wizard and find that I only get
> solid voltage out of pin 17 when I choose charge pump in the wizard.  How
> can I fix this?   PMDX manufacture does not have a sample config file.

There might be something useful here:
http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/emcinfo.pl?About_Charge_Pumps

Basically, check to see if the charge pump component is loaded with
loadrt, invoked by addf, and connected with net in your .hal file.
--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html

database 5883 (20110217) __________